So, when you are packing for your destination wedding, you might have this unsettling feeling that you might be missing something. Importantly, to avoid this feeling, you might want to look at another destination wedding checklist to double check all of the things that you need for your perfect wedding! We have divided the sections to make it slightly easier, if you have anything to add, leave it in the comments below!
The Essentials for Your Carry On Luggage
First of all, the reason why we have suggested these items in your carry-on is that if for some terrible reason, your bags end up in another country or lost, you have the most important things for your wedding.
- Plane tickets/itinerary/boarding passes
- Credit Card/Cash
- Visas (if needed)
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Dress
- Shoes (Wedding)
Wedding Day Essentials
Notably, these are the essentials that you can’t live without if you arrived without them. Of course, there is a lot you need for your wedding day, and certain things can be replaced, though.
- Wedding night lingerie
- Something new, old, borrowed, and blue! (You can also get some of these at the resort)
- Guest Welcome Bags
- Wedding day Jewelry (earrings, bracelet, necklace)
- Your Music Playlist
- Your Vows
- Comfy shoes for the reception
- Traditional Wedding Items that you want to include
- Decor Items that you can’t live without
Certain holiday things can be forgotten, do your best to remember these important ones.
- Sunscreen (Bring multiple SPF’s)
- Bathing suits (Including a strapless to avoid tan lines)
- Insect repellent
- Aloe vera gel
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Shaving cream
- Cute shoes for dinners and the beach
- Hair pins/ties
- Cute dresses, outfits, and accessories
Outstanding MakeUp Items
Most likely, you have a makeup artist that is coming for your wedding makeup. However, you need makeup for the rest of your trip!
- Eyeliner, eyeshadow (try purchasing a palette, way easier), foundation, mascara, lipstick
- Makeup brushes
- Moisturizer, primer, lotions (hand, body)
- Makeup remover
- Face Wash
- Hair extensions (If you have them)
- Flat iron and curling iron
Reminding Your Guests
In conclusion, your guests can look at this list as well, but you might want to tell them about a few things.
- Wedding Attire
- Wedding gifts (If they are bringing them)
- Asking if they can fit any decor items
- Wedding Accessories
- Music suggestions
- Passports, Visa’s, Flight/Resort Information
- List of activities or excursions they want to do
Paige MooreDirector of Communications for Liz Moore Destination Weddings. She enjoys writing about all things wedding, travel, and fashion. Notably, she has a BA in Communications and currently located in Sydney, Australia.