It’s the most important day of your life! You have found the perfect destination, a tropical oasis that is an ode to your love for your significant other. From the hotel catering, flowers, and photographer, every detail is taken care of by someone. But what about makeup? You will have these photos for the rest of your life, and the last thing that you want to do is look back at these pictures and think “what was I thinking?”
Destination weddings are incredible for many reasons, one is the warm weather. It is imperative that you choose a makeup artist that is not only understanding on how your particular skin type will react in the humid weather, but how the makeup will reflect in the photos. Here are some of my must-have tips for flawless wedding day makeup!
- Prep your skin with balancing hydrating mask. Why? Hydration brings balance. If you are oily, the skin will produce less oil when balanced and if you are dry, hydration will reduce texture.
- Use mineral foundations/powders. Minerals work fantastic in hot, humid weather
- Liquid lipsticks! Not only are they matte and long wearing but you won’t have to worry about touching up throughout the evening. Anastasia Beverly Hills is my favorite. Not into matte? Use a liquid lipstick as a base and dab gloss on the center of the lips for more dimension
- Use a smudge proof, waterproof pomade on the brows. Be sure to layer with brow powder as a base and create naturally fluffy brows.
- Setting spray is vital. Choose the one that is best for your skin type (oily/dry etc.), and your makeup will stay perfect all evening.
- Smudge proof eyeshadow base under all eye products
- Waterproof mascara-obvi. Not for every day but for the big day load it on!
- False lashes. Whether you are having a destination wedding or one in your backyard lashes are a must.
Getting married in the Dominican Republic, Vancouver or Alberta? Book a professional from Denee Beaute, and we will make sure that all of the above steps are covered.